2. To submit nonelectronic articles, send double-spaced copy on 8 1/2 x 11-inch white paper to the editorial office: Rocks & Minerals, 5341 Thrasher Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45247.
3. Footnotes, references, and tables should be double spaced on pages following the last page of text. Diagrams should also follow the text, each on a separate page.
4. A Manual of Style, l5th edition, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 2003, should be used as a style reference in the preparation of manuscripts. Below are some examples of our format for references:
Bonham, H. F., and K. G. Papke. 1969. Geology and mineral deposits of Washoe and Storey counties,
Chapter in a book:
Richards, R. P., and C. Tucker. 2007. Quartz epitactic on hemimorphite from Broadwater County,
5. All figure or photograph captions should be typed in order, double spaced on a separate page. Captions for specimen photographs should include the specimen name, locality, size, owner, and photographer.
6. Line drawings and diagrams must be originals in black ink on white paper. If electronic, send a clean, clear copy (700 DPI) of each figure. Glossy paper should not be used. Rules should be heavy enough (minimum 2 point) to hold when scanned at 100%. If the figure is going to be scanned and reduced, rules must be at least 1 point. The font should be in a size that will be readable when reduced. Gray screens don't hold well; use stripes, large dots, solid black, and solid white instead.
7. Photographs can be black-and-white glossy prints, color slides, or, ideally, on disk. If sent on disk, photos must be:
8. The author's name, postal address, and e-mail address should appear under the article title. A one- or two-sentence "about the author" should be included with the manuscript.
9. All manuscripts will be read critically by a consulting editor and an executive editor. Each author receives two complimentary copies of the issue in which the article appears and permission to reproduce additional copies of that article. Copies of the issue are available to authors at half the cover price through the editor.